Eggplant, Tomato, and Mozzarella Salad
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium eggplant, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 1 pound sliced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, torn
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brush two rimmed baking sheets with 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil each. Arrange eggplant slices on sheets. Brush tops with 2 tablespoons oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast until eggplant is golden and tender, about 20 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
- On a serving platter, layer eggplant with sliced mozzarella and tomatoes. Top with basil leaves and drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons oil and balsamic vinegar.
Read more at Marthastewart.com: Eggplant, Tomato, and Mozzarella Salad and more delicious recipes, smart cooking tips, and video demonstrations on marthastewart.com
8 fully illustrated patterns and instructions for making Totes and Handbags! PDF files that you can easily print.